Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting in shape

Yehaa! I'm back on the horse! Jitsu I missed you so much. The first day I got back to training I counted 8 black belts, 2 brown belts, and a purple belt - and of course me. It's a great feeling to spar against 5 black belts and a brown belt in a row. Damn I was tired :)

I managed to lose an extra kilo as well. I'm now down to 73 kg (~161 pounds), which makes it total of 9 kgs lost in a month and half. My cardio is up, but the first days I've been struggling with sparring many times in a row, but that should pass soon.

Besides that I have really started to enjoy the normal weekdays here. I've created my routines, although I'm slacking with the Portuguese. I haven't actually put real time on learning the language at all in three weeks. I'm trying to motivate myself, but learning with computer only is so demotivating.

2 comments:

Lassi said...

It's nice that you keep updating us about your trip. I saw that people don't leave too many comments so I thought that I should encourage you to keep on writing this blog and the stuff that happens over there. This way way, we get to sort of "be there" too... :)

Too bad about these mishaps you've encountered. Let's hope that you get to spend the remaining time on training and working on your game on all levels.

I've picked up bouldering and wall climbing now while I can't train bjj and it's a lot of fun. It's also difficult for a relatively heavy and weak guy like me but I'm improving a little by little. :)

viliauvinen said...

Yeah you're weak and I'm Johnny Depp hah :D Kiitti kommentist :P I'll be writing somewhat regularly.