Today is the first official Carnival day in Rio, although we've been having street carnivals for about a week already. I'm going to skip the tourist Carnaval experience of sitting down and watching people, and instead participating in the street carnivals where you get to be part of the show.
I might end up in the main carnival as well, since one really cool black belt is trying to organize me to some short of VIP close to the bateria. Before that I must find ear plugs somewhere or I'll be coming back deaf.
Yesterday we had the last practice for a week, since no one else would be there during the carnaval besides me. I got totally dominated in a sparring with someone I all the time thought would be a white belt (he wasn't wearing a belt at the training). I was playing actually some of my best game and still got submitted with same armbar twice. After the practice I found out he was extremely seasoned blue belt, heh.
Besides that I got to roll with a black belt of my size (the same guy whos helping me with carnaval) and a gringo brown belt Josh, who has been living here for many years. I gotta tell it was awesome training. Jitsu, and life, is good.
After the great week of training we went with Flavio, my host, to have some beers at Adega do Anil. Man the first one tasted so good..
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment