Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Back in the game

The day finally came. I'm able to train jitsu again, wound has healed and besides having to tape it for protection it's hundred percent. Yesterday was unique day in a way that first time that I've been here we had mostly blue belts and white belts at the training. I was able to get quite a few submissions and it felt great.

I gotta tell you it felt pure awesome to wake-up yesterday knowing I can do what I came here to do, again. When I got to the academy at the lobby was a party. It felt like it was a party for my comeback,  but in reality it was just some pre-carnival party that they have now everyday. I felt so good that I did an hour workout at the gym before the jitsu.

Today I was supposed to get to morning practice but the buses here aren't exactly reliable, and besides the bus not going I overslept a bit. I would've managed had the bus came, but meh. Last night was the hardest night to sleep yet. Temperature during the night was somewhere between 35 to 40 Celsius (95 to 105 Fahrenheit) and without the air-conditioning it's quite impossible to sleep.

On another note my beer driven past two weeks haven't really been that bad, and all in all I've lost 6kgs (13,22 pounds) within a month here. Maybe the local beer has some health benefits? :D

No comments: