Saturday, January 09, 2010

Jitsu <3

Today is a great day. I found adapter, and I´m on my way to test it. Should have Internet at my apartment next week, so everything is working out.

Moving on the important part. Yesterday evening I got my first taste of Jitsu in Rio and boy did I love it. All the talk about Finnish blue belts being good has always, in my opinion, been biased. Honestly I got to roll with a local blue belt and he was awesome. More importantly I got to roll with (and got dominated by) two brown belts.

My first class was more of introduction as it was change for them to get to know me. They took it soft with me, but it was enough for the first time as I was badly dehydrated (came to class straight from the beach). I´m sure my body will adapt to the heat in just few days but for now its affecting even my sleep. I wake up automatically around 7am.

I´m starting to learn to communicate my needs with sign language and broken portuguese. Should be able to improve the language skills soon as I got the adaptador (mad portuguese skills,eh?) for my computador. Also I´m trying to find a language course that is not a huge rip off.

Then few pictures


My nabourhood (1 block away from my apartment)



Local mosquitos are nasty, although its getting better for me already



My kingdom for next three and half months



View out of my window

No comments: