Wednesday, January 20, 2010

GFTeam

Sunday evening we went to see a movie with the guys at the academy. It's good thing young people here like original audio even though they have subtitles in Portuguese. Naturally when we are selecting movie to watch I'm not much involved as majority of titles are in gibberish. So we ended up watching Law Abiding Citizen, which I saw third time. Nevertheless was great evening, and good movie.


Brand new mall (largest in South America) with supreme movie theater

Monday I got the honor to visit GFTeam main academy, where about 40 black belts train every day. Besides black belts they have few brown belts who compete professionally and few world champion purple belts. It's the first team composed of professionals that I've heard about. I was stunned. I got to saw Mundial 2009 (and ADCC) winner rolling.




Jiu-jitsu wise I got two trainings in Monday and Tuesday, so it's been great. Today in the morning was tradional gracie jiu-jitsu with self-defence aspect and I have to admit I enjoyed it. I've never been a fan of self-defence arts, but this incorporates my love to jiu-jitsu.

As a final note I finally got Internet working at my flat. Life is starting to fall in its place.

No comments: