There were five black belts at the yesterdays practice, and only four students. Well the black belts here can be students as well. Anyways I was the only white belt at the practice and well I got tossed around pretty nicely. Was jolly great fun.
I've been asked quite a few times practical details about the trip so I figured I'll start writing them here in random order :)
I'd start the trip by asking your teacher if he/she knows someone in Brazil where you could sleep at or at least get some help. I have to say that help from a local, Flavio in my case, has been most needed.
For me the authenticity has been one of the best things. I get to live in non-tourist area, see the local life and not to pay gringo prizes on everything. If I want to go to Copacabana I still just take a bus (or two) and see the tourist life.
Living with a local also affects your required budget. If you want to live the luxurious beach life you might end up spending two three times more money. I estimate that I need about 1.000 EUR / USD per month, including pretty much everything.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment