Tournament went really well considering how nervous I was about the first tournament in the Brazil. I took silver with maybe some of the best tournament jitsu I've ever done.
I was gunning for submissions and managed to finish first match with triangle after several very close submission attempts. Second match I was struggling with the take down and instead pulled guard. Managed to sweep two times and finish with a choke from mount.
Final match I lost by two points after fair amount of sweep and submission attempts, so wasn't that much disappointed. To my surprise some time after the match a man came to tell me to pick up my medal. First I thought he wanted me to close the kimono, and after few "desculpes" I had my kimono closed, but then my team mate managed to explain I took second place.
So with the tournament I've now gone 9 days (17 times) straight training without rest and my body has somewhat hit the wall. I did morning training today, slept, and now just walked few kilometers and my legs are extremely sore. I have tendency to over train so trying to listen my body more carefully nowadays.
On the topic, I've planned to start training two times jitsu per day Monday to Friday, with 3 times gym (Mon, Wed, Fri) and Saturday morning jitsu class. That would make 15 times a week for rest 4 weeks. I might have to take a rest for the night tho. Have to decide in 20 mins :)
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
congrats dude, i have to tournaments..hjopefully i can do as good as you.
were they in the gi or nogi?
great stuff either way.
and i am way jealous of your trianing schedule, i am going 2-3x a week and it will be less if i want to start MT/boxing.
enjoy yoru week.
Sairasta tahtii (hyvän kuulosta meininkii)! :]
Ryan, thanks mate :D Yeah just go any tournament, since theres no punches grappling is quite safe :)
TimTim :P
Post a Comment