Monday, March 08, 2010

Last week

Sorry for lack of updates again. I had pretty filled schedule last week with training. Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri I managed to train twice, but Thursday I had to take a day off. Saturday I got opportunity to train at GFTeam headquarters and it was awesome.

Besides sparring one time with a blue belt (managed to tap twice :D), the rest of the spars I got to roll with some very decorated actively competing black belts. Its hard to describe how easy they make it look/feel. I got swept five times with same small hip movement even though I knew and resisted the sweep.

Sunday I finally managed to go to the tourist police and report my phone stolen. Leblon/Ipanema/Copacabana is such a different world to where I live. Lately the third world country feel has got me down a bit, and it felt great to "escape" to the safety of properly franchised shops for few hours.

I think I'll be competing first time here in Rio 24th of this month. It's going to be GFTeam internal tournament, so it's a good start. My plans about competing all the time have gone to trash as I enjoy training hard now.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

i enjoy trianing more than competing too,GL with yours..i have 2 next month i'm getting ready for.