I’m writing this blog about my journey in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) as I experience it for the next three and half months in the warmth of Rio de Janeiro. I’ll be also updating my experiences on the culture and language as I go. I’m beginning my quest on January 6th with a connection flight from Helsinki through Lisbon airport to Rio de Janeiro – 18 hours 10 minutes of fun on air.
I will live in Anil district in Rio de Janeiro (google maps) with a friend of my coach. Place is located quite far from the main tourist attractions (about 2 hours with a bus from Copacabana) which is more than perfect for me. I’ll be able to see authentic Rio de Janeiro and hopefully learn a bit of the language as well. Wish me luck! :)
I am a white belt (3 stripe) under Rogerio Rocha (Rocha GoldTeam), with small competition experience (4 tournaments). I've been practicing BJJ now for about two years.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment